As summer approaches I’m noticing more and more scary movies on Korean Television. I remember the same thing last year.Apparently the reason why we see so many scary movies here in Summer is because the Koreans believe that if you get chills(goosebumps) it helps to cool you down in the extremely warm and humid weather
Furthermore Halloween is a huge thing here in the private schools and as a foreigner you are in charge of planning a whole Halloween. A good idea is always to show the kids some scary movies to get them into the feel of Halloween.
Here are some of my favourite short scary movies that you can show the Korean kids for Halloween 🙂
- Suckablood – Fairytale (Bloody Cuts Films)
2. 2AM: The Smiling Man ( from Mark Evans)
3. Don’t Move” – Award Winning Demon Short Film (Bloody Cuts Films) This movie is better for older student, its too scary for the elementary students and there’s some swearing in the beginning.
4. Lights out (ponysmasher) (there’s some nudity at the end of this one so maybe not appropriate for kids but still a good one to watch)
5. a function 이계도함수 – a short horror film This one is pretty scary especially for Korean kids who study all the time.
Hope you enjoy these snippets as much as I did and if you have some more suggestions feel free to comment below.