I’ve had some banana’s laying around and I bought some Nutella this weekend because I wanted to make no-bake Nutella cookies but never got around to it, so I figured I’d use it with the banana bread. I absolutely love the idea of fruit breads and chocolate makes everything better… right?
The bread came out fruity, because of the chocolate being baked in the bread, it gives the bread a chocolatey crispy outside and soft and gooey inside. It was lovely.
- 6 ripe Bananas
- 2 cups flour ( all purpose)
- 1 cup sugar
- 250 grams butter
- 2 eggs
- teaspoon vanilla essence
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup Nutella
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Mash the banana’s
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Mix the eggs in the butter mixture, add vanilla essence and salt. Add the mashed banana’s
- Mix the flour with the wet mixture. Mix the chocolate chips into the dough. keep some chips to put on top of the bread
- Put the Nutella in the microwave for 15 seconds, until it is soft enough to pour.
- Pour half of the dough into a bread pan. Pour 1/2 of the Nutella over the dough and use a knife to make a design with the Nutella. Then add the rest of the dough on top and repeat the Nutella step.
- Bakeat 350º for 50 minutes to an hour.
Take it out of the oven and let it cool before eating, the chocolate is very hot and you could burn if you’re too hasty.
2 thoughts on “On the 22nd day of Christmas – Nutella Banana Bread”
I can tell it is super tasty!
Thanks, it was, it was supposed to last up until the weekend but didn’t even make it through the day 🙂