Water-nymph Monster High Face-up

Hi guys, today I want to share my third monster high face-up with you. I’ve been having a lot of fun with the Monster High customs and I’m really glad that I started this hobby. I feel that with every doll I make, they seem to get better and better.

IMG_7997

With the first one, I was really scared to do anything too drastic so I tried to keep everything simple. I asked my kids at school to name my first doll, and they decided on Cinnamon. They say that my name sounds like Cinnamon so the doll should be called Cinnamon…

With the second doll I tried to be a little more adventurous. Honestly I messed up her one eye because I wasn’t sharpening my pencils enough. She turned out pretty well for my second try, except for the one dodgy eye, I’ll attribute that to battle scars since she’s a warrior. I also tried making doll Armour, which I think turned out pretty well.

The third doll was supposed to be a water nymph. I planned on coloring her hair, since I’m to scared to do a re-root just yet, and give her minimum clothing so as to look like she emerged from the water. That, however didn’t turn out the way I planned. Firstly I struggled to color her hair. I watched a YouTube video where they colored the hair with acrylic paint and shaving foam…..

IMG_7940.jpgNeedless to say, that didn’t work out as hoped and the colour washed out with the water when I rinsed her hair. I then decided to go with food colouring, which worked, but the colours weren’t dark enough so I added some extra colour with blue and purple sharpies.

IMG_7998

Then came the outfit…. I wanted it to look something like this…

604313d3ab3dee7910ea37c1681fddca

but after struggling too much to get the fabric I wanted I just decided on making her a forest fairy with blue and green feathers.

IMG_7995.jpgIMG_7996.jpg

At the end I think she’s one of my prettiest dolls even though I thought she had a very broad face at first, she turned out pretty well 😀

IMG_7565-2

Monster High Doll with Armour

Hi everyone. I hope you had a wonderful weekend. The sun is shining, the flowers are blooming and everyone seems to be in good spirits.

I have recently started a new hobby  by customising my own little Monster High Dolls. After finishing my first doll I started on the second. The first one was very conservative in nature but I wanted to try something a bit more adventurous. I modelled my doll on one of my game characters in Neverwinter (when I still played :p)

109600_screenshots_20170402174146_1

Here we go from start to finish

First I started again by removing the doll’s factory paint with acetone ( nail polish remover), cotton buds and cotton balls. This time went much better than the first time even though I smudged her one eye a little. After removing the factory paint I washed her face with warm soapy water and left her to dry. If you look closely you’ll see that I couldn’t successfully remove all of the factory paint.

IMG_7766.jpg

Next I sprayed her face with Mr Super Clear and left her to dry for about 5 minutes.I then started to draw her face with my water colour pencils starting with the eyes, then the eyebrows, eye lashes and lips. I would start with light colours and work my way up to the darker colours, spraying her with Mr Super Clear between layers. I sprayed her around 5 times. As soon as I were happy with how a certain part of her looked I would spray her and then go over that area again with a darker pencil. Remember to sharpen your pencils often because that makes all the difference.IMG_7770

After finishing her eyes I added some face tattoo’s because she is a warrior 🙂

IMG_7844

Initially I wanted to do the full armour but it proved to be a bit harder than I planned so I opted for minimal body armour and a skirt. To do this I used a fun foam sheet. I drew my ideas on a piece of paper and copied it onto baking paper in order to trace it on the fun foam. I started with her swords.IMG_7794.jpg

I cut separate pieces to get the desired look and then just glued them together. After which I decorated the swards to look like elemental fire weapons.

IMG_7827.jpg

After the glue dried I cleaned it up a bit by cutting away all the excess pieces of glue and painted all the pieces with black acrylic paint. When this dried I went over the glued areas with gold acrylic paints to get this look.IMG_7856.jpg

IMG_7857.jpg

I also had to paint her shoes black as I bought a doll with irremovable shoes and painted bodice, I then sprayed the shoes with Mr Super Clear to stop the paint from coming off over time.

IMG_7837

IMG_7839

IMG_7851

and there she is, my second little customised dolly 😀

IMG_7565-2